God is a multidimensional (infinite, all-knowing, not bound by time or space) God: Prayer is a conversation with Him.
1. We see it in GOD'S CREATION. Romans 1:20 - For since the creation of the world, God's invisible qualities -- his eternal power and divine nature -- have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse.
Clearly seen invisible qualities point to something we can experience but exist beyond what we can feel and see. In nature, we see that God is creative and organized. He is superpowerful and grand.
Job 11:7-9 Can you fathom the limits and bounds of the greatness and power of God? The sky is no limit for God, but it lies beyond your reach! God knows the world of the dead, but you do not know it. God's greatness is broader than the earth, and wider than the sea.
2. We see it in JESUS'S INCARNATION. God entered our dimensions in the form of Jesus. He is infinite but chose to become finite. He did this so he could communicate with us. John 1:14 tells us that the word became flesh. Revelation 1:4 points to him who is, was, and who is to come.
3. We see it as THE HOLY SPIRIT moves. John 3:8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.
Because God is multidimensional, I am never alone. I cannot get away from Him. Psalm 139:7-12 Where could I go to escape from you? Where could I ever get away from your presence? If I went up to heaven, YOU'D BE THERE...
God makes time holy - He redeems time. On the sabbath we sanctify time rather than space.
How to pray in five dimension:
1. I look backward to THE CROSS.
God paid a ransom to save your from the empty life... He paid for you with the precious lifeblood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. 1 Peter 1:18-19
The cross reminds me how deeply God loves me, how costly evil and sin is, how completely I'm forgiven. Look at the price God paid for me to find out how valuable I am. I matter to God.
2. I look upward to my Father's LOVING FACE. Romans 8:15-17 You should not act like cowering, fearful slaves, since God's Spirit has adopted you as children into God's family. Instead, by his spirit we simply cry out ABBA! Father!...
We can call to him as ABBA Father! ABBA refers to God as "Daddy".
God wants my prayers to be:
Personal -- Abba! Daddy!
Passionate -- Cry Out! Express both pain and pleasure.
A partnership -- By His Spirit. The HS intercedes for us. He helps us pray.
3. I look inward to Christ JESUS LIVING INSIDE ME.2 Cor 13:5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you -- unless, or course, you fail the test?
4. I look around and ask the Holy Spirit TO USE ME. Romans 6:13 ... give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God. What has God called you to do personally? Serve the Lord joyfully. When we serve the Lord joyfully we can be thankful.
5. I look forward to my future in faith. Philippians 1:6 I am confident of this, that God who began a good work in you will continue to complete it until it is finished on the day of Christ Jesus.
My growth is dependent on God, not myself alone. He is working in me to complete a good work. I can look forward to this.